This is a feminized version of MrSoulâ‚¬â„¢s Durban-Thai X C99 which was first created in 200 and went on to become a prized possession of growers all over the world – even winning a Cannabis Cup under another name.
The lineage of this hybrid is impressive indeed. We crossed a Durban-Thai female grown from original S.S.S.C. seed stock to our favorite Cinderella 99 female by STS-inducing the C99 to create 100% female pollen. Our results shocked us a bit because of the increased size of the hybrid plants, and their phenomenal growth rate. This is a classic example of hybrid vigor affecting the offspring. These plants grow big, long â‚¬Å“donkey-dickâ‚¬Â colas that produce stony, terpene-rich, resin-encrusted buds that will impress even the fussiest connoisseur.
As is often the case when C99 is used to hybridize another strain – the flowering time is reduced and the flavors/aromas shift to a more fruity/floral effect. The high from these Durban-Thai x C99 hybrids is also shifted by the C99 influence, becoming more energetic, intensely psychoactive and creativity-inducing.Â A smoke well suited to musicians and artists.
Everyone loves the aromas given off by these flowers â‚¬â€œan intoxicating mixture of musky incense and black licorice. In the grow room, this plantâ‚¬â„¢s sturdy structure and minimal stretch during flowering make it an absolute pleasure. After 70 days of flowering, we harvest loads of intoxicatingly fragrant, uber-dense flowers, with resin glands sparkling like crushed diamonds sprinkled all over them. And even a short clone of only 18 inches, yields over an ounce of primo dried bud.
Flowering Time:Â We recommend 65-70 days of 12/12 flowering, after the seedlings are 6-8 weeks old.
- Morphology:Â Â DTC99XX grows a big, thick cola and her strong branches support fat, dense buds covered in sparkly resin that reeks of over-ripe tropical fruit. She grows like a big Skunk, the flowers are tight, dense nuggets of resin-encrusted calyxes. This phenotype of this strain is stable â‚¬â€œ youâ‚¬â„¢ll get consistently uniform plants.
- How Does It Smoke?Â The bud gives off a sweet, but tart aroma that tickles the nose. The flavor is what youâ‚¬â„¢d expect from the terpenes it gives offâ‚¬Â¦ cotton candy smoke. The high is uplifting and cerebral, a perfect choice for creative endeavors.
- Growing Notes:Â Grow DTC99XX in the natural â‚¬Å“Christmas treeâ‚¬Â shape – lollipop the branches to encourage huge colas to form on the ends of each branch. One tall, central stake along the stalk will provide enough support for the entire flowering cycle, her robust branches are capable of supporting the heavy buds.
- Yield:Â A 48-inch plant yields 4-5 ounces per plant. High yield.
- Lineage:Â Durban-Thai female x STS-induced Cinderella 99 female.